Friday 20 May 2016

Dancing Boots Automatons

 I have finally got to complete some of my automatons - these are not my first attempts but the original ones are so complicated that they will remain "work in progress" for a long time to come as I find solutions to the various difficulties. An exciting but time consuming challenge. The inspiration for the original automaton came from a Christmas decoration, so hopefully I will complete it by next Christmas
    
                               "Dancing Boots" automaton VI

 This series of automatons derived from the idea to make bits of marionettes as ornaments - I didn't want to make puppets at a lower price range as the quality would have to drop accordingly.
 (I think I have come up with a solution for this now, but will have to experiment a bit to find the right compromise.)


                                "Old Boots"

 Old Boots appear in black, brown and natural wood (if the grain is interesting enough) There are also a couple of pairs strung up with basic marionette controls


                                         " Dancing Boots" automaton I
              This is a very badly taken video holding the camera in one hand and turning the handle with the other

I have now designed several more exciting variations, with more than one pair dancing together, and have started work on the components for the mechanisms. These will be 'one off' constructions and I will post those as I complete them 

No comments:

Post a Comment