Tuesday 1 July 2014

I finally sent off these three images to Clive Hicks-Jenkins' Puppet Challenge. I am not yet happy with the photo's so I'll change them when I manage to take better ones. So far I have spent two or three days taking photo's that just don't do justice to the troll.


I made a last minute change to the mouth, which delayed the video, but he didn't look right with a mouth that didn't open.


Although the mouth mechanism was very time consuming I am very glad I took the risk - I am very pleased with the final result.



I realised a few days ago why it was that I did not feel the representation of the troll in the Ladybird book lived up to my idea of what a troll should be like. I realised that if the red nose was just a little bit smaller and the hair was taken away from the top of the head, then it looked just like my grandfather. Although I was very young when my grandfather passed away I loved him very much and often think of him in happy childhood memories.


This is the unedited video I made with the help of the family - technical difficulties and lack of time has delayed the final cut, but I hope to post it soon. It is well worth watching


1 comment:

  1. Christopher, I'm blown away by your puppet, which is pretty damned fine! Well done. And although you've gone rather quiet on the crocodile front, he too was looking splendid in the last photos, and I certainly intend to include those in the exhibition. If you produce any more photographs, then do send them to me. The exhibition is going to be shown in instalments, and so I could give you another week if that would be of any help.

    Best
    Clive

    ReplyDelete